Code of Conduct
By using the AAN's website, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set forth below.
- Courtesy. Do not attack others. Comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages. The AAN's website is to be used for noncommercial purposes only. Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Privacy laws. Remember to comply with HIPAA and other privacy laws. Accordingly, when talking about patients or submitting any image or video regarding a patient, be sure to follow HIPAA and disclose only de-identified health information.
- Use caution. Information and comments posted on the website are available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel laws. Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal content.
- Antitrust. The AAN complies with all antitrust laws in accordance with the AAN Antitrust Policy.The AAN reminds all users to guard against activity that could be construed as a violation of the Antitrust Policy, including posting any material that:
- References specific fees charged or paid for professional services.
- Discusses prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale with regard to medical suppliers or other vendors, terms and conditions of provider agreements relating to reimbursement levels, bonus payments, and other price or cost-related items.
- Addresses salaries or terms of employment.
- Attempts to allocate patient markets or encourage collective or coercive activity with regard to third-party payers, hospitals, other healthcare providers, or suppliers.
- Includes information that might otherwise be construed to impose a restraint on trade and inhibit free and fair competition.
- Intellectual property. Respect others' intellectual property rights. Do not post any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information without the permission of its owner.